We can help with:
All manner of claims, including:
- Premium Waiver
- State W/C
- Federal W/C
Specialized services, including:
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Peer Reviews
- Program Development
- Own Occupation/Any Occupation questions
- Fitness for Duty Evaluations
- Second Opinions
- On-Site Reviews
ICCN’s network is national and international. Please contact us for more details.
ICCN will work with you to meet your timeline needs. Most evaluations, per request, are scheduled for 3 to 5 weeks after submission of the referral. You set the specifications. Expedited assessments are not unusual.
Typically, our expert providers’ reports are received within two weeks of the IME. Should you require a faster turnaround time, we will work with you to make sure you can meet your deadlines.
Dr. Lori Cohen is available to speak with you about your claim and recommend a specialist for you. Contact ICCN to schedule a free initial consultation. Every claim is unique but some things to keep in mind when choosing a psychological specialist are listed below.
- Psychiatric (M.D.) IME or File Review: There are two common reasons to have a psychiatrist conduct an IME or Peer Review. The first is if the claimant is receiving treatment from a psychiatrist who has diagnosed a psychiatric illness. If the case becomes court-involved, this allows the trier of fact to compare opinions between “like” providers. Secondly, if you have questions about the effectiveness or appropriateness of the psychotropic medications that the claimant has been prescribed, an M.D. is likely the most qualified specialist to opine on this aspect of the claimant’s care. ICCN uses information about the nature of the claim and assigns a specialist with the appropriate experience.
- Psychological (Ph.D.) IME or File Review: If the claimant is complaining of a psychological injury or illness such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD (or any other mental health difficulty), a psychologist, as part of their thorough evaluation, will administer and interpret a battery of psychometric tests, including validity testing. The psychologist will then synthesize data from a comprehensive clinical interview, interpret test results, and review all available records in forming their evidence-based opinions.
- Neuropsychological (Ph.D.) IME or File review: If the claimant sustained a head injury, or is reporting neurocognitive deficits, one should consider utilizing the services of a neuropsychologist. A neuropsychological exam may also be indicated by such symptoms as memory loss, headaches, and decreased capacity for concentration, to name a few. A neuropsychologist will administer a full battery of psychological tests with additional specific testing to determine the level and nature of the claimant’s cognitive impairment, if any.
Yes, ICCN has an extensive national network of medical doctors who conduct forensic evaluations. The specialists included in our network are board-certified in cardiology, infectious disease, internal medicine, neurology, occupational and environmental medicine, orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, otolaryngology, and others.
ICCN has developed questions that are specific to the specialty of the IME doctor, and we will provide them to you for your review and approval. You may add to or change the questions, or you may prefer to develop your own questions. Dr. Cohen is glad to confer with you to develop case-specific questions, or consult with you to craft the questions that need addressed.
File and Peer reviews are excellent tools to help you get a clearer picture of the nature of a claim and to assist in determining the next steps in case assessment and management. A file review (or medical records review) consists of an appropriate expert analyzing the collected data and opining on the relevant questions. Peer Reviews involve conferring with or corresponding with treatment providers. Up-to-date and highly relevant data that allow for a more thorough understanding of the claim may be gathered with this type of review.
ICCN only works with M.D., Ph.D., and Psy.D. providers who are seasoned forensic evaluators. We pride ourselves in, and are known for, selecting providers with demonstrated excellence in their field.
Submit a Referral
With decades of collective experience in this industry, we invite you to draw upon our expertise. We are known for our insights and for the helpful support that we provide our clients. We are committed to providing exceptional service tailored to your needs, and enjoy helping you to clarify complicated issues. You can rely on our high level of quality control.